Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Happy Anniversary to Me and Mine!!


Sometimes as adults we have elaborate thoughts and expectations of and for ourselves, and often times we fall short. It's easier to dwell on things we haven't achieved than to see what blessings we have in plain sight. The problem is not the fact that we desire greatness as much as it is our definition and source of greatness.  Jeremiah 29:11 reminds us God's plans for us "For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." And just in case we are not convinced,  In Ephesians 3:20-21, He emphasizes the fact that God's plans are way more than our own abstract thoughts; "Now to Him who is able to do exceedingly abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that works in us, to Him be glory in the church by Christ Jesus to all generations, forever and ever. Amen."

Today marks three years of God's exceedingly-abundant-more-than-I-could-ever-ask-or-think-of blessings in my marriage life. Three years ago, I married my best friend, my sweet love, my biggest cheerleader, the one form whose ribs I was made. In these past three years, we have laughed hysterically, cried uncontrollably, praised God inexcusably, danced, rejoiced, brought forth life. It's as if God specially packaged our foundation in these three years in preparation for the greatness He has called us to attain. I celebrate my marriage today, I rejoice with my husband and our son for God's love that binds us together, sustaining us on this journey beyond the dress. I thank God for our love, our life and our faith. All glory to Him for all He has given us, withheld from us and saved us from. Here's to many more years with God in our marriage and blessings that are exceedingly abundantly more than I can ever think of in Jesus name. Here's to a life filled with all things pertaining to life and Godliness now and forever in Jesus name.


Happy Anniversary to me and mine!!


"Because of the Lord’s faithful love we do not perish, for His mercies never end. They are new every morning; great is Your faithfulness! I say: The Lord is my portion, therefore I will put my hope in Him." -Lamentations 3: 22-24




2 comments:

  1. Happy Anniversary Remi!! God bless you and your family :), I pray that with more years comes more increase and dwelling in God's will for your marriage and home, and He will continue to let you be a great example and a walking testimony of His faithfulness and love to other couples and families xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. My Remstar (just love calling you that), happy anniversary girl. Wishing you many more fruitful years ahead and many more blessings from above. Love this pic of you two, too cute :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...